New projects and rediscovered UFO's

Looking for something else I found my mini dresdens (7") in rainbow colours, from Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I had made January (purple) and February (teal) but missed March and April, which were multicoloured and Red.  So I did a bit of catching up!
Green was lots of fun - May.  I am skipping the multi coloured, that does my head in with such tiny pieces.
 I brought a new pattern from Ann at Periwinkle Patchwork.  Honestly this pattern is not that appealing to me in these colours (and its red, go figure) btu Ann's shop sample was on linen and in lovely scrappy colours.
The really fun thing about this pattern by Hugs N Kisses, is that the clamshells are included (AND they are new to me product, where you just iron them onto the back of your fabric and they become your foundation) and so is an iron on transfer for the design.  Both should make the applique a lot quicker.  If I love the iron on applique stuff (???must have a proper name?) then that is going to become my go to way to applique.
OH and the other nice thing about this bag....it has a vinyl back, so pretty one side, and you can see the contents in the zipped bag.  Perfect for those of us who have lots of WIP!
This is my friend Lisa's quilt hanging at the Horsham Quilt show.  The pattern is called Tic Tac Toe and is free from Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts.  
I have been keen to make this quilt for at least a year.  I am now committed after seeing lots of versions of + quilts at our exhibition.  
Just got to buy the fabric, now I have downloaded the pattern!
Happy quilting Sue.


4 comments:

  1. I would have thought you would have the fabrics you need for a tictactoe quilt? But that's no fun, if you can't go shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty little Dresdens!
    The bag is so cute. Maybe even I would do applique if it was iron-on. : )
    Are you doing your Tic Tac Toe in those same colors, or do you have a different palette in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way Lisa handled the background fabrics in her version of the Tic Tac Toe quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet dresdens and I love the look of that Hugs 'n Kisses project, might have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...