Yesterday's session of All Day Sewing by the After Dark Quilters was filled with laughter, interesting conversation, show and tell and plenty of food. However despite the fact that I dragged the entire contents of my sewing room down to the church hall (so I could pick and choose which project I wanted to work on) I had forgotten to take the CAMERA! Oops, so sorry :(
So instead you will have to make do with my recent achievements, photographed this morning.
I recently finished my pink Sister, for my Seven Sisters quilt. I don't have a pattern, so I am just making seven stars in a colour way and joining them with matching shirting's.
All laid out this is my progress to date. I do have some chocolate brown stars that are not in this shot. The purple sister needs one more star and then sewing together. The madder reds also have been missing a star and I haven't joined any of them yet. The red stars I only started this week.
A quick trip to Hettie's on Friday netted me one more brown print, for more brown stars. I also brought the rest of the bolt of a cream print (picture further down) , because this was my third trip to get some more, so I decided to go the "whole hog"!
Then my friend Heather kindly brought in her entire collection of reproduction fabrics (to All Day Quilting) so I could
borrow steal cut some pieces of fabric in the colours I was missing for my Sister stars. I took some red, madder red, two browns and a purple. Then I got greedy and begged a couple of strips of blue. Heather is collecting reproduction fabrics for a special project and I am very jealous of her collection, so I was a bit like a kid in a lolly shop unsupervised! THANK YOU HEATHER! ;)
So as well as choosing fabric from someone elses stash, I cut lots and lots of strips in blue and the sought after cream print from Hettie's. Then I stitched and stitched, cut and cut and stitched some more. Sorry all that work still didn't eventuate into any completed nine patches...not one!
I did however finish putting this small table topper together. I ran out of the shirting print with blue circles, but as I couldn't find any at Hettie's or Tricia's I had no idea where I brought it and the general agreement was that adding a different fabric for the corner triangles would be fine....so I did!
And lastly but not least, I borrowed Heathers 20" square so I could cut all of the 20" backgrounds for my Dresden Plates.
Happy quilting, Sue SA.