Dolls Quilt Swap

I have never done a swap before - and I have been quilting for 15 years!  So with extra time on my hands I signed up for a pin cushion swap....I have sent mine off, but still waiting on mine to arrive...but that's OK as we are not allowed to open them until the end of the month...and I am not good at not peeking!
Then Lori set up a Doll's Quilt Swap on her blog Humble Quilts.  I signed up and set to work.  Parts of the pattern's cutting instructions I used was incorrect :( but I got there after a bit of re cutting and unstitching.  I have posted my little quilt off to US, accompanied by some extra goodies.  I was going to do a sneak peek...but realised that even the picture of the back of the quilt gave the design away!
Then this lovely parcel arrived for me!  Because its my first swap I thought I had to wait to open it....til I realised that was just for the pin cushion swap, phew cos I am not a patient person!
 Charlotte (no blog) sent me a beautiful four patch quilt, in cheddar...I don't have a cheddar mini and I love four patches, so this was a big thrill....we didn't know our recipients, but she chose a design I love.  And her workmanship is exquisite, tiny pieces and beautifully quilted, I am a very happy girl!
And I got some beautiful bundle of 6" squares of shirting's, a quilting badge and a lovely little pattern. 
The pattern captured my attention immediately....I am busting to start making it, but trying to finish a charity quilt at present...then I will be making this mini quilt immediately!  Oh and I have my Dad hard at work out in the shed restoring a dressing table for me...so just ordered a new draw handle (one was missing) and found a shop that stocked the tiny screws needed to replace in the draw handles....and now off to order a new mirror....then I will get to my sewing on the charity quilt!
Happy quilting Sue.

11 comments:

  1. Wow...that's a beautiful little quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seem to be seeing miniature quilts all over blogland lately, makes me want to do one.... one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little mini. I have seen a few quilts from that swap and they all look lovely. I hope your pincushion comes soon.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exquisite little doll quilt. Charlotte did a beautiful job. The cheddar is a great background for those tiny four patches. And the hand quilting is lovely. I've never done a swap either, but maybe next time I will. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt Sue, and lovely giftie items with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous swap parcel. Your mini is so pretty ( and the workmanship in it is just beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous for your very first swap parcel.... its gorgeous
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice color combo for the doll quilt and well made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is so pretty! I love cheddar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your quilt is lovely. Charlotte did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...