More finished mini quilts!

This cute little dolls quilt has been a short WIP.  It was finished while my computer was offline, but I was also holding off revealing it, as it was intended as a gift for a friend who follows my blog.
 I amended the pattern (original was on point) Shoofly Potpie by Kim Diehl from her book Simple Traditions.
You cannot see the border quilting very well, but I machine quilted a cable pattern.  It was fairly easy using my walking foot, but my marking pen was hard to see on the beige fabric.  The ideal marking pen is out there and one day I am going to find it!  
 This larger mini quilt is from Lori DeJarnatt's quilt along, Country Roads, so a few stencils later  and I found one that fitted this quilt that I could achieve on the machine!  I do really need to start hand quilting the little quilts...but I am a machine girl : )
  Didn't take long, just the right frame of mind to get stuck into it.  
Happy quilting, Sue

6 comments:

  1. They are both adorable. It is hard to show quilting in photos but I know how great they feel. Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mini quilts are amazing
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very cute little finishes! The quilting looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two cute finishes and your quilting fits each project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous results with both little quilts. Love the soft colours of the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...