Curved Ruler table runner

I finished making the curved ruler table runner - this is the free pattern that comes with the ruler.  I completed the top in a workshop months ago with Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork.
However it took me forever to go and buy backing and binding fabric to match.  Then it sat around waiting to be quilted.  I really struggled visualising an appropriate quilting pattern.  However a quick flick through Pintrest and I just got down and "did it"!  
I enjoyed quilting the wavy lines and was tempted to do the coloured curves in the same way, but I didn't want to over quilt the whole piece.  I am glad to have another finish before Christmas, now I just need to find it a good home!
Happy quilting Sue.

3 comments:

  1. the curved ruler is on my list for next year.... your quilting looks great.. Pinterest has lots of lovely ideas - it is a great resource
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the design you chose to quilt. It keeps with the curved theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely finish, and the quilting works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...