Quilty gifts galore

I love little quilts, yet I do not own one of Jo Morton's patterns.  So when I saw that she had published a new book of mini quilts in 2016 I put it on my Christmas list and Santa delivered!  
One thing not on my list was a delightful Frivols tin, which good friend Vicki delivered.  These colours and pattern are right up my alley, so knows my taste too well!  Lisa was also lucky enough to receive one, in a totally different pattern, so we are hoping to sew them up together. 
Lisa gifted me this lovely pattern, which we will definitely make together.  Bags are always more fun made with company.  And this bag is full of great pockets, which means it takes longer, so always best to plan to do with good company, so hoping Vicki is also going to join in! 
 The antique sewing kit was from Vicki and I am looking forward to using them.  Not much sewing happened leading up to Christmas, but sneaking a bit in now we are home from visiting family!
DH always gives me a quilt calendar for Christmas, and this year I was excited to get the  That Patchwork Place version.  I love the front cover quilt, it needs to go on my 2017 wish list of quilts to make! 
Happy quilting Sue.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like you scored pretty well with those gifts. Look forward to seeing the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pressies... will keep you busy!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the calendar and look forward to seeing the finished bags Sue! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gifts Sue, you will be busy this year. I can see why that calendar quilt is on your wish list. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. However shopped for you can shop for me next year. : )
    Great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...