Cot quilting

I love that Dolly Parton song, "Working 9 to 5" and at the moment that sums up my life!  My new job is a blessing I am grateful for, but it is playing havoc with my sewing output.  Well that and a month of busy weekends where my volunteer commitments demanded time and we had two lots of visitors.  I literally unpacked my machine after sewing in Bordertown to sew on the border and then in the same night I managed to piece the backing and wadding.
  And then it sat and sat while I waited for the opportunity to pin it.  I had hoped to attend my night group but between cooking dinner, homework and after school activities it hasn't happened yet.  Finally on Sunday (after our visitors left) I got the chance.
I started quilting in the ditch around the triangles.  Boring but just the mindless sewing I needed in the company of friends so I could forget about all the other things I probably should have been doing...like housework!  
Happy quilting Sue.

4 comments:

  1. It can be hard to juggle it all, but it's so important to keep some sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it all, Sue. But this is a very cheery quilt to be quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you squeaked some sewing time in. Sometimes it's hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its really pretty... happy quilting...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...