August is Indigo

There are no indigo scraps left in my scrap basket or in my stash.  There is a tiny bit of black and grey in the scrap basket, and a reasonable amount of each colour in my reproduction stash.  However this is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so the stash is stay intact for now!
In the meantime I sewed up the colours I did have excess scrap of. Which when I got down to it included more dark purple...so that sort of counts!  These are "new" scraps that came from the recently finished scrappy bargello in red/purple...they are perfect scraps as they were already cut the right size!
There is still oodles of green scrap in my collection, not sure where it is coming from!  But I want lots of green leaves, so I just kept sewing!
Because I tackled the left over purple from the scrappy bargello, I then had to deal with the red scraps.  There were way more then I realised, and I have the red scraps from the dresden plate quilt (WIP) still to come!
Happy quilting, Sue.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots and lots of scraps getting used up this week. It must feel good to get them tamed before too many accumulate. So many colourful leaves or buds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to use up some scraps. This project is an interesting exercise in learning about your stash and what's in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of your scraps. I am scrounging for indigo, too, but I love the way they turned out. Dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job in cutting and sewing up those scraps. I have a weakness for green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy!! Keep using up those scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you came up with lots of useable scraps this month. Purple seems to count. After all, indigo is between purple and blue on the color wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you put those scraps to good use no matter what the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way of using up your scraps. Is the pile any smaller now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are using up a lot of scraps. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...