July is Red

The RSC colour for July is Red.  I finally got the solid red border on this quilt last weekend.   
 With some help from my friend Lisa I found a suitable back.  The back got made and the quilt got sent to my long arm quilter, Vicki.
Then I finally worked on some RSC blocks, these are my red Scrappy Sprouts (leaves).  I haven't made any of the other blocks yet, but I have unpicked the left over strips from the bargello.
Thereby ensuring I have even more scraps to work with!
Happy quilting Sue.
PS the bargello is back from Vicki, who has worked her quilty magic in an amazingly quick turn around.  Just stitching the binding on, will show you very soon.

18 comments:

  1. Great work on your Bargello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having more scraps to work with sounds like perfect planing to me. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Bargello! I like your leaves - they remind me of the Road to Tennessee block, sort of. So many settings for a little square with 2 diagonal "ears"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Bargello. Can't wait to see how the quilting makes it look even more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for more scraps to work with!
    I love your Bargello - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Sue, a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur bargello is striking....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bargello! I'm dying to make a scrappy bargello. Hope to use up some of these scraps! You're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - so pretty in red. Those tractors on the fabric scraps - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little sprouts and the bargello looks mighty fine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bargello top is lovely. Quilting will only make it better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your red bargello! Congratulations on a beautiful finish. I love the sprouts, too. Wonderful red prints.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bargello looks absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Bargello. Congrats on a finish. Sprouts are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow your quilt is great........love the red...........

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very much looking forward to seeing your rainbow sprouts come together. I forgot to mention in an earlier comment that Bonnie Hunter's challenge is a tumbler quilt. Are you going to do the same design as her? It is a staggered design and looks great. Good luck busting those scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...