A few finishes from the pile

This quilt was made by someone else for Heart Kids SA and I just had to quilt and bind it.
 Ditto with this one.  But I wish I had made it, The scrappy log cabins were gorgeous.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  I still have a log cabin on my to do list.  Please note the kids took these photos, but it was my dumb idea to stand with my back to the sun!
Finally finishing the binding on these two in front of the TV at night prompted me to finish some other tops so I had more binding to do!
This orphan block became a FMQ practise piece and is now going to find its way onto my wall of miniatures....when I get enough mini's and a bigger wall!  
I hand stitched the binding down  yesterday while having a relaxing stitch and chat session with Shay but it still needs a hanging sleeve. 
I love making kids cot quilts, they are quick, easy, no think, mojo boosters.  I have a huge pile of novelty fabric and every bit of this quilt came out of stash.  The border fabric is left over from my pieced Dresden and the backing is also left overs from another child's quilt.  
I love scraps, but using scraps makes me even happier  ; )
Happy quilting Sue SA.

8 comments:

  1. Both those bottom projects look even more beautiful in person! Your stitching on the mini was fabulous, and may have even inspired me to give fans a try (gotta move on from meandering some time!)

    I like the sun behind those pictures of your quilts a lot- very artsy and cutting edge photography.

    Thanks for the visit - it was lovely to have a stitching friend ( and it didnt seem to curb conversation one little bit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finishes for a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a machine is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That log cabin is stunning isnt it. I love the quilting on your mini too, practice dies make perfect doesn't it. Great finishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a never ending scrap bin and keep pulling out all of these lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at how many finishes you have, and I love the scrappy log cabin. One day when I finish my PHD's I am going to concentrate on scrap quilts. How did your house look go??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that scrappy log cabin too. Your mini will be a great addition to your wall of minis. The cot quilt looks like it has some wonderful eye spy fabrics in it. Perfect for a baby and toddler. We are chillin in Ballarat tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...