Aussie Hero Quilts

This is the quilt I sent this week to a Australian Defence force member serving overseas.
  It felt good to finish another Aussie Hero quilt and have it posted off.  However I did decide that I would have a go at making some blocks, for my next effort.  The Australiana themed fabric I have purchased this year, finally went to good use.  I made two of each of the eight fabrics, as, you can see the bottom left corner the pattern repeat makes it look like a different block, but is the same fabric.  I was trying to line up fabric so I didn't cut heads off kangaroos etc, but it didn't always work out, as some of the prints were a tad large.
 I also posted these blocks this week.  This applique didn't use much fabric up, so I have a plan for the remaining Australian fabric - to make my next Aussie Hero quilt a whole lot more patriotic.
Last but not least this is one of the last cot panels I brought in January at Hettie's Patch sale.  I have quilted it simply, just follow outlines, and didn't over quilt.  A lovely boys quilt, all ready to be gifted to an expectant friend.
Happy quilting, Sue SA.

6 comments:

  1. You've been by busy. Great to support our serving men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blocks you've made with the Aussie fabrics - very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great hero quilt and I love your map blocks.... the baby quilt is lovely too.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing the amount of finishes you have, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very cute cot panel. It looks very snuggly. You are very good at making the Aussie Hero quilts. I love the blocks you have made with the Australian fabric in the shape of Australia. Glad you didn't forget Tassie! I think that quilt will be very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Aussie Hero quilt and blocks are great! Whenever I visit JanMaree's blog I am always blown away by the imagination of everyone who makes quilts using Aussie themed fabric. I love it too, and will buy fat quarters or yardage when I see something that really appeals, and it is incredible just how much fabric has an Aussie theme. For many years, I don't think people were very patriotic here, but in the past twenty years, I've seen a great change in attitude, and people are far more patriotic now. Aussie Aussie Aussie!!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...