Holy Moly...six flimsys to be quilted!

Part of me wanted to celebrate getting the final border on the Dresden Plate quilt for DH's niece.  I felt smug knowing that it was off to the long arm quilter and all I would have to do is bind it!
 (Please note my clever five year old took this picture, so DH could hold one side of the quilt!)
However a quick count of tops waiting for ME to quilt them came to FOUR!  So whilst I can be smug about the two waiting for the professional, I thought I had better get my skates on and live up to that title..."Quilter"!  So the Chinese Coin cot quilt is the newest top ready of quilting (I finished the border yesterday) and I pinned it today and started stippling.  I also got my Scrappy Trips top pinned, so there will be NO new piecing projects started, until these two are finished! (Note to self, make this my new mantra! Failing that hide rotary cutter from self...hopefully that works!)

Can you see that I have grown an extra pair of legs? DS2 decided I needed help holding this quilt up!
Oh and I made a few, OK quite a few fabric book marks for the present box.  My friend Karen gifted me a lovely one here, however she must use a secret ingredient, cos mine are puffy!  So if you want flat book marks I don't recommend using iron on Pellon, however it sure did get rid of some left overs out of my wadding stash. 
Happy quilting, Sue SA.
PS thank you for all your suggestions re borders on the Dresden plate, I am really pleased with it now and glad A didn't like the fabric I had originally chosen!  Now got to work out what to do with a metre of purple???

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy. The Dresden plate quilt is really lovely. The 3 legged quilt holder put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - Wow - that's a lot of quilting ready for you to get done, huh? I know you'll whip them out in no time and be ready for your next project - they're lovely! And the book marks are so fun! I'm an avid reader so I might need to make one like that for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember that you can't start cutting the purple until you do some quilting!! Well done on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilts that go off to the quilter are my favourite kind ! The Dresden quilt is going to look lovely.

    Love those bookmarks. Puffy is alright - adds character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that dresden plate one... it looks huge too... you sound like me with a stockof quilts waiting to be quilted.... great stock of bookmarks...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are having fun quilting your heart out. Of course that depends on if you have decided on a quilting design. I love all your flimsies. The extra border on your dresdens is perfect. Those bookmarks are a great scrap buster. I just use iron on interfacing for my bookmarks. I think for yours I might have used a light interfacing (that's all I had) on both pieces of fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...