Two Top Toppers

 This is the photo I wanted to show you before DH disappeared with the camera (obviously he came home again) for the week.  I put the border on Monday - when I had just one sick child.  I am really happy with this quilt, it just needs a name....any suggestions?
This top would have still been waiting for a border if my friend Ann hadn't sold me the pretty pink floral fabric over the phone and posted it to me - such is my fear of buying fabric (cos I know I will become addicted) over the Internet.  Ann's shop is called Periwinkle Patchwork and you can find her HERE because I know you don't have a fear of buying on the Internet!  Please note the shop recently outgrew their house so she has recently moved into Shop 2 Bayside City Plaza, 24-36 Fairy St, Warrnambool.   Or follow her blog HERE!
This week Dinosaurs Galore (thought I had better pick one name myself) has grown into a nearly finished top.  Just need two long sides of lime green sashing and then a big blue border.  Blue is Dylan's favourite colour...sure hope he also likes orange!  I think this would be the third time at least that I have used that shade of blue from  the Shadow Play range...but in my defence it does match the big dinosaur!  I am really pleased with how this quilt is turning out.  I always find it hard to buy kids prints with a black background, but this pattern really distracts your eye with all the colour!  I only had 1 metre of this dinosaur pint in the cupboard, which was just enough, but would have preferred another column, to make it wider - I prefer it when single bed quilts drape generously over the bed edge.  Any ideas?
Got to go, all day quilting today and I have to decide which project(s) to take! Happy quilting Sue.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, the dinosaur quilt looks great. I love the dimensional effect you have created. And how pretty is your star quilt. I hope everyone is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of those Sue but especially the top one. Dinosaurs galore is the perfect name for the boy quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make really wonderful boys quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...