Finally some sewing!

With the disruption to power, having trades persons in the house and the general upheaval of having the contents of the kitchen distributed across the entire house I have not been sewing!  The kitchen is in, but still not finished.  We are waiting on the glass splash backs (always put in after the kitchen, so the measurements are exact), so that delays the fitting of power points in those areas and of course the painter needs to come.
Here is a sneaky shot, of me making good use of my new bench!  The colour is a bit over exposed, but the bench is a very pale granite look laminex.  I finally finished the quilting on the last two stars of the Transport Ohio Star quilt (the majority was quilted at our last All Day sewing session in April) and made the binding.  I sewed the binding on, but haven't joined it yet....small problem that needs to be dealt with first!

These are the lovely shirting's I brought at The Sewing Sanctuary, during my groups shop hop two weekends ago.  I plan to use these in the Seven Sisters quilt

This is the butterfly print I brought at Aldinga, but the Christmas table runner kit is from The Patchwork Cow - their own pattern.  This is the first kit I have ever brought would you believe!

And finally here is the Bugs in a Bottle quilt, with its final two borders I sewed on, a lovely brown spot I had previously brought at my local shop (Tricia's Discount Fabrics) and the butterfly print from Aldinga.  I had totally forgot about the brown spot until I got home, but was determined to not waste it, so also cut and made the binding from it.

So a few projects are closer to being finished and one tired blogger off to fit more "stuff" in her gorgeous new kitchen cabinets...let me assure you that you can waste lots of time reorganising the pantry!

Happy quilting Sue SA.

2 comments:

  1. The bugs quilt looks amazing, you have done a great job! Love your new bench, I use mine for patchwork way more than I use it for cooking :) Those shirtings are nice too, you did well to not buy heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly and brown spot look perfect! Those shirtings look lovely and will beautifully in your seven sisters blocks. I love the border fabric in your star quilt. Another perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...