I wasn't 10" short of the star fabric when I did my math calculations...I was one 2.5" square short! Those two 1.5" squares on the right were all the leftovers I had, even after I scrounged around on the floor hunting for "lost" pieces!
I ignored the new fabric I brought and rummaged through the scrap pile to find a suitable 2.5" scrap. I did prefer the middle option (lots of tiny black stars) but ended up going for the black dots on the right. Even though they are larger and darker, when you cast your eye over the whole quilt, that odd square doesn't stand out.
I had decide to amend the overall size of the quilt I was aim for and spent yesterday afternoon, chain piecing. I did not unpick the lovely soft blue and yellow wattle fabric, because it is so quintessentially Australian. And it is nearly Australia Day after all!
So here is - now single bed size (43" x 76") and I am very pleased with the end result!
Happy quilting, Sue SA