I did not want sashing that was too light or too bright. The polka dots was just right!
And the stash revealed 2.5" novelty squares perfect for sashing, some of which had previously been fussy cut - others were just too cute to throw away, even if I did cut off half the kite!
I auditioned a few options for borders, but it had to be red in the end!
Ta dah! A lovely kids quilt - not large, but the majority out of my stash. And although incoming fabric (sashing) was more then outgoing fabric (completed top), the sashing will go towards another top in the same style, but next time with bigger squares.
Now back to stash browsing to find a backing!
Happy quilting Sue.