Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figured I would do a quick post to say hello to everyone.  I started full time work in June last year which finished up in February - but it involved a two hour round trip commute.  So there has been very very little sewing happening at my place for a long time.  Well, strictly that is not true as I found sitting and hand sewing (english paper piecing six pointed stars) was enjoyable, but struggled to find the enthusiasm to machine piece.  I did enjoy a wonderful long weekend away with girlfriends in March where I did lots of sewing, but really in the last two months not a lot at home on my own.  I now start a new job tomorrow, working four days a week - but with a 15 minute drive to work.

And I am now counting down to the next sewing retreat with friends, in a months time.  This photo of my Kim Diehl quilt (see calls it Pie in the Sky - from her Simple Graces book) is on my hit list of outstanding UFO's that need finishing.  I made this blocks many moons ago, but was unhappy with the colour mix, but could not put my finger on it.  

I thought it might be the lack of light or dark - so took a black and white photo.  Decided that was not the problem, but that I needed more variety and colour!  So now I am cutting and prepping blocks ready to take away in a months, for five days of sewing and fun :)

I am still not comfortable with the new version of blogger so this may well be my last post.  If your interested in what I am making, I have a Instagram account (easy obtained if your on facebook) then you can find my at ahernsue, but its a private account, so you need to request to follow me.

Happy quilting 

Sue

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, i had missed you. Glad you are sort of getting your mojo back, and that your new job requires less travel time. I don't do instagram, so hope that you keep blogging. It didn't take long to get used to the new way, in fact I had forgotten the change until you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new, closer job!

    A 5-day retreat sounds like fun. Definitely something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you posting again.... I so hope it's not the last one......I like the blocks so it will be interning to see what you add in..... Goodluck in your new job.... Work sure interferes with your sewing time.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. all Patchworks are great. best luck to your journey!
    vinyl wrap phoenix Hugz xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate several from the Information which has been composed, and especially the remarks posted I will visit once more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome website you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any discussion boards that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!
    kampus sehat

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...