Green, or more specifically dark green is the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge colour for May. I have plenty of dark green scraps. But not a huge variety of greens, there are lot of repeat offenders from backings, borders and the big green quilt (Luck of the Irish) I made my in laws many years ago - which you can see HERE.
I am continuing to make green leaves for my Scrappy Sprouts quilt. I did the maths this week to work out how many blocks I needed to make a single bed quilt....and I am half way there, which is good to know.
All the time I was focusing on finding enough variety to make a star block....I failed to notice my star point boo boo. So out came the unpicker!
This quilt used up a LOT of 2.5" strips and while it is predominately brown, then blue there is green in there! I decided to use the controlled palette ....well truth is it was forced on me a bit, as these were the longest and most plentiful strips in my collection. But I figure it makes for a good "blokes" quilt. The quilt finished at 56" x 72".
On the back I got to use up even more stash...ironically most of these were backing left overs from other quilts, except the blue which I used as the border and binding - that was a purpose purchase for a "one day backing"! I don't normally piece backings, but I have decided this is a great idea, as it didn't take very long and looked far better then I expected.
Happy Quilting, Sue.