Rainbow Scrappy challenge 2017

Digging around in the various tubs scattered around the house I came across all these completed 9 patch blocks.
The 2.5" squares and half square triangles were made to use for the Scrappy Sprout quilt in 2015 out of my scraps and unloved stash.   But with sufficient leaves made I started making them into 9 patches and star blocks. Then they fell by the wayside after RSC ended for that year.
Fast forward to 2017 I need a new leaders and enders project!
Plus I have been busting to return to the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge, win, win!
January is Purple and here is what I have made for the month.
I started making four patches, as the supply of scrap purple dwindled.  Ditto only got one star made as there was only sufficient half square triangles for one. 
And I couldnt resist some other new blocks - but out of my reproduction stash, instead of scrap!
One 4" basket block (handle to be made) and a 7" Dresden - but might swap that neutral for a different purple yet.
Happy quilting Sue.

18 comments:

  1. I love rainbow themed projects (but I just realized I have never made one).
    You've created lots of fun little purple pieces. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your purple blocks. Glad to see you back at making RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing all of your purple pieces for January. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed seeing all of your purple pieces for January. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! The lure of shiny NEW blocks. I'm trying SEW hard to resist!! Glad that you were able to make a dent in your PURPLE scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so industrious with your scraps.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you are revisiting those projects of old. Always nice to be moving them forward. The repro purples are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great way of using scraps and playing with colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to find the old projects and think about finishing them up. Lovely purple blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice purple-y stuff getting sewed at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blocks! Love the stars : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea to use those as leaders and enders. Looks like you have a fun stash of purple--love the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of wonderful blocks! I love those stars, and love that they were made out of leftover sprouts bits. (I remember your sprouts! I've had that block on my mental list ever since I saw yours. Someday...)
    I'm glad you're playing in the RSC again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great head start for RSC17. Have a fun week with the new color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely rainbow of blocks, I love all the stars and what a great collection of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...