So my excuse is that I was busy! Honestly from September to December my work and personal life was flat chat. So I stopped working on my Circa 2016 quilt.
I had made the hour glass blocks, but they were too big. Easy peasy, took a larger seam allowance, problem fixed! Yet the points still look good. These might become my favorite block!
I tried to replicate the placement of the blocks as per the finished quilt on Temecula's blog.
However colour and tone were sometimes an issue. As much as possible I tried to let "it just happen" in a haphazard and scrappy way.
I failed to notice the side border was short by two blocks! Some quick unpicking and that was fixed.
I realise the fat borders are too big, but the setting triangles were too big, so pattern requires you to to trim - fine for fat borders, nightmare stuff for loooong borders!
Happy quilting Sue.