A Flimsy from Jo Morton's Little Favorites

Jo Morton's newest book was on my Christmas wish list and Santa delivered!  
This lovely little quilt, titled Sadie's quilt is 22.5 x 26" in the book.
I made a  smaller version (still 3" blocks) is 13.5 x 13.5" so it will fit on my wall of mini quilts.
I was surprised at the number of black fabrics I had in my stash to choose from.  Not to mention orange or cheddar fabrics.  Still it was hard to decide on which ones to use.  I ended up tea dying one of the black prints as it had a very stark white print that stood out.
Now I just have to pin and quilt it....the heat of summer is not conducive to quilting, but its only small, so wondering if this will be my first finish of year?
Happy quilting Sue.



7 comments:

  1. Its wonderful Sue... such perfect piecing too for such a tiny piece
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, good thing about mini quilts is that you should have more finishes!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out great. I could make everyone of Joe Morton's patterns in any of her books. Have fun finishing this one and going on to the next one

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out great. I could make everyone of Joe Morton's patterns in any of her books. Have fun finishing this one and going on to the next one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, a great start to the year. This will be a lovely addition to a display of small quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this was my favorite in the book. Wonderful little creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a wall of mini quilts. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...