Circa 2016 Medallion

 Work on my Circa 2016 quilt top has been progressing in stops and starts.  Now that I own the perfect background for the blocks I needed to cut into it and start the medallion centre.
That was fine until I realised that my pinwheel centers were not perfect.  I think they will stay as they are but  I was disappointed in myself.  I do try to be accurate and with little blocks it is more obvious if you rush and dont take care.
Work on hourglass blocks has commenced, but I need to make some more and trim those that are made.
At this point I am trying to add variety but seem to drift back to favorite fabrics!
Apparently I need 120 half square triangles, so I have to start those now, as this free pattern is about to come to an end.....and I am not quite caught up!
Happy quilting Sue

3 comments:

  1. Love your version. Haven't put my center together because was looking for the right dark/med fabric, but after seeing your fabric selection I'm thinking a medium/light is perfect. It certainly radiates happy Good job.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry, you are a no reply blogger, so I couldnt email you. But I was glad to hear that my colour version helped you make a decision about your own quilt. Good luck and happy shopping, Sue.

      Delete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...