Circa 2016 Medallion

 Work on my Circa 2016 quilt top has been progressing in stops and starts.  Now that I own the perfect background for the blocks I needed to cut into it and start the medallion centre.
That was fine until I realised that my pinwheel centers were not perfect.  I think they will stay as they are but  I was disappointed in myself.  I do try to be accurate and with little blocks it is more obvious if you rush and dont take care.
Work on hourglass blocks has commenced, but I need to make some more and trim those that are made.
At this point I am trying to add variety but seem to drift back to favorite fabrics!
Apparently I need 120 half square triangles, so I have to start those now, as this free pattern is about to come to an end.....and I am not quite caught up!
Happy quilting Sue

3 comments:

  1. Love your version. Haven't put my center together because was looking for the right dark/med fabric, but after seeing your fabric selection I'm thinking a medium/light is perfect. It certainly radiates happy Good job.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terry, you are a no reply blogger, so I couldnt email you. But I was glad to hear that my colour version helped you make a decision about your own quilt. Good luck and happy shopping, Sue.

      Delete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...