This cushion was made on a whim, so the end size didnt fit any of the inserts I had. So I made up the back, stuck the too small insert in it, pinned around the pillow shape, too it out and stitched on that line...presto a flange edged cushion!Yesterday I finally got around to making up this pattern for a bin for the car...its a lot longer then I expected, but that's what happens when you don't read the dimensions first! I might make a shorter one for DH car, it was very quick to make, took me more time to choose fabric from my stash then anything! This pattern is by A Ditchin Time Quilts blog and her Car Trash bag tutorial can be found HERE. Please note that I found the pellon insert to be a tad too small/narrow...you make a tube of stiff pellon insert (I used interfacing) that sits inside then you can tuck a plastic bag into it - hence it doesn't poke out over the top, but you have a disposable bin liner......very practical!
Charise Creates blog and can be found HERE. I went a bit overboard with the quilting, very out of practise with my free motion, but I am happy with the results.
Happy quilting Sue SA.