Pre Christmas post...well that was the idea!

 Remember this flimsy, did you think I had lost the plot?  Sorry, but I had intended to squeeze in a follow up, but life got busy and suddenly my priorities were not patchwork.

However here we all are, and I am back on track, but please excuse me while I ignore the festive season that was, so I can explain....

Use the Lil Twister template to cut up your flimsy made up of  5" squares....
                                               And sew it back together again...
Try adding a plain border...OK so its not big enough?  Go and buy some purple fabric and try a pieced border....

and your top is done! 

Think I will save the quilting until the weather is cooler and one of the babies our friends are expecting in 2012, actually arrives....I have a boys quilt ready to go so I bet the first baby is a girl!

Happy quilting Sue.

4 comments:

  1. That's amazing! What a really tricky idea. And I love your colours. That border looks pretty modern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS quilt! I cannot imagine the wits you need to keep track of everything.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Red and Cream quilt at Christmas time, not for Christmas!

The lovely Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork gave me this book back in May.  I have read it several times and changed my mind about which quilt...