More spending and some finishes

OK, so I know that I didn't need any more of ANYTHING but somehow these extra bits made it home with me last week.  I got the red/white bundle of fat quarters for a bargain $30 so you can understand why I brought that.  I am a bit fixated with heat bags at present, as I have had issues with my back for some time now and a hot wheat bag gives me some relief - however I was thinking these would make cute presents hence I brought another Millamac pattern!  These were purchased at the SA guild meeting and the rest of the fabric I brought on Thursday, when I popped into my local quilt shop...well I was child free and needed some pink flannel.  The car fabric is for a car cosy for DH nephew and the dogs, well I don't have many dogs in my stash! 
I would swear off going into shops, but I am out of visafix so I will have to go back today!
 This cutie, is the reason I needed some pink flannel.  I brought this baby blue flannel (with blue check on the back) about a year ago, to make this cot sized blanket, because I loved the pattern (from Quilt a gift by Barri Sue Gaudet) and knew it would be a great present.  The bear is suppose to be made of wool felt, but I only had non wool felt, so I made him out of scraps of flannel.  But I forgot to use visafix and traced him out using the freezer paper templates I had made for the felt.  It was all a bit of struggle, but well worth it,as I still think he is very cute!  I wanted to make a second blanket in pink, as we have six friends expecting babies in the first seven months of this year.  I already have 2 cot quilts made, (1 boy and 1 girl), but really didn't want to make anymore, I thought it would distract me from trying to finish some UFO's.  Hasn't made any difference as I am so good at finding distractions!
 And this is the latest distraction I made yesterday.  A baby "cube", its not really that small as the blocks were cut at 5".  I added a bell inside (a pet bell, 99cents from Woollies) so it makes a lovely sound and a hanger, so it can be hung from a babies gym or attached to the pram.  I was so chuffed with it I made second one in farm animal prints, which will have to be in a separate post as I am having more technical issues, eg. I cannot find the photo I took!

 Happy quilting Sue!

1 comment:

  1. More great fabric shopping. Those red and white fabrics look fabulous. The cube looks like a great baby gift. The bear is cute.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Red and Cream quilt at Christmas time, not for Christmas!

The lovely Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork gave me this book back in May.  I have read it several times and changed my mind about which quilt...