Second top completed today

This is the second quilt top, for another friend who had a boy, but it is her second child. She loves leafy sea dragons, but unfortunatley these were all of the sea life creatures that lived in my stash. I have had the turtle border fabric for a long long time, so another bonus was to see it happily fitting into a quilt.
I am not sure I like the blue homespun border, although the colour match is better then it appears in this photo. Iwas talked into buying this and the orange homespun in the Attic Windows, by the store owner and I wont be doing it again. It wasnt a matter of cost, it was just at matter of trying to match colours, but it doesnt cut or sew as nicely as proper patchwork fabric. I carefully kept every scrap out of my remments bag that hangs off my cutting space - it is all going out the door!

1 comment:

  1. Sue the quilt top looks lovely. i went to a shop once where the lady was being forceful about what fabrics I should buy. Needless to say I don't shop there. Mind you I listened to what she had tosay but still bought what I wanted. Be strong.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...