More achievements from December








Now I just need to learn the skill of how to get the pictures to appear AFTER the text, hmm technology might be leaving me behind now I am in my 4th decade!

I have added a photo of the self designated "worlds smallest table runner", a gift for my oldest friend and her husband. They do have a fairly small dining table, but as I am yet to visit her since she got the table runner I am unsure as to it was the right size or not. I wanted to make the New York Beauty block, but pre Christmas pressures got to much for me and I fought alot with this block, despite Lessa Siegele's fantastic pattern and instructions (from a SA Guild workshop nearly 2 years ago).

I made Leanne Beasley's Couch Companion for myself. I don't normally use pink, but I was so taken with her fabric/colour combination I had to use the same. Usually I like to do it in my own colours, but I am a lover of the murky/country palette, so I thought that it was time to try some pink!


Now if I could just be organised and drag the lamp into the lounge room then I might use my couch companion to get the binding completed on a cot quilt or two.

I have to confess instead of spending the day sewing down bindings or stippling... I cut a pile of 2 1/2" squares from my fabric scraps. I have done the blue box, red/purple/pink box and now up to the yellow/brown/orange box. I think its a good thing my husband doesnt look in my sewing room, otherwise he will think I have gone mad. Its not that I dont have a decent stash of fabric, its just that I decided I wanted to make a "true" scrap quilt. AND that a fellow quilter told me that if I used pre cut squares as "followers" and "leaders" (when starting and finishing your chain piecing) then I could make a quilt top out of them. Good idea I thought, but would have been better one if I had a lot of charm squares to use up! Instead I am IRONING scraps in 40 C heat! I wonder if thats why I am not up to confronting the digital camera issue? Happy quilting, Sue.

2 comments:

  1. Wow girl you are sewing up a storm. All looks fantastic. I have some Nancy Halverson fabrics and chenille for Christmas stocking but I ran out of time for 2009. Maybe 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My other NYR should have been to schedule a Christmas in July sewing session. I use to attend Patchwork camp (when we lived in Victoria) in July/Aug and it was a great time to start a Christmas project. Then when I rediscovered it, (half done) in November I was always pleased as it seemed achievable and you had the deadline to motivate you - as opposed to finding UFO's where there is no deadline!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Red and Cream quilt at Christmas time, not for Christmas!

The lovely Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork gave me this book back in May.  I have read it several times and changed my mind about which quilt...