Trying to get a good photo was tricky. And yes, I probably should have ironed them first!
This is a better shot as the true colour comes through, but I couldn't fit all the blocks in the lens!
Still you get the idea. I cannot made up my mind about the colour for the centres. I thought the choice would be between white/cream print or red print.
But it turned out that the 2.5" strips were not wide enough to make a centre from, so I couldn't use the left over light strips from my dresden's. Instead I tried some French General reds.
The red print is a bit distracting, but I like the size better then the plain red.
You can see the size difference here. I am not going to have enough of this solid red - I cut into a layer cake square to get it. So I am either going shopping or finding another suitable fabric, perhaps a red with a very small print out of the same layer cake.
Happy quilting Sue.