September is Orange

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour for September is Orange, yippee!  
I have a limited amount of orange in my stash and done a limited amount of sewing this week.
I was glad September would be orange so I could finish the final colour I needed in leaves. I forgot to take a picture of the leaves on their own, but I think I have the required number of blocks now, so just need to get time to start sewing them together.
This is the flannel backing for a cot quilt panel I started recently.   
So there is a bit of orange in this border and the binding.  I had to steal bits of orange off Lisa and my Mum to get enough variety to make my leaves.  Then when I thought orange binding was required I brought more fabric then I needed....which would have been fine, except now we all live in the same town with the same fabric shops....I already had this fabric from Mum to use in my leaves!  Oh well! 
I am not convinced there is enough quilting in this cot quilt, so have left a few pins in it and therefore I am not calling it a finish just yet :)
Happy quilting, Sue.

16 comments:

  1. I really love your leaves. When you first started, I couldn't imagine how it was going to look, but the further you get with it, the more exciting it becomes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves are so lovely. Great placement of colours creates such lovely movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice use of ORANGE in each of the projects shown. Good luck stitching those leaves together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rainbow effect in the leaves is really lovely and just flows, not rigid as a regular block would be. It looks really natural to me. The little foxes are so cute. Is that Noah's ark on the front? So cute. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those leaves are so pretty. Love the rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your leaves are looking fantastic, love all the colours. Cute foxy backing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the layout of your rainbow leaves. The orange added a real spark to all of the rest of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rainbow leaves look amazing. Very pretty quilt. I have three panels that in need to sew. One if them is going to be a Christmas present for my granddaughter so I better get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think those sprouts are growing into a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those orange leaves made the garden that much more cheerful. :- )
    Darling baby quilt; I love the flannel print for the back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those leaves.. really pretty and your cot quilt is very sweet...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful leaves. Looking forward to seeing the whole garden come together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love , love, LOVE those sprouts leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the orange leaves. I call them YoYos. 😃 The red border on the bargello was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...