Two tops ready for pinning

One cot panel and a few minutes between domestic chores to stitch on borders.
Equal one charity quilt top ready to be pinned.  Its not very big, approx 38"x40" but I had the perfect snuggly fox themed flannel for a backing and some wadding left overs to fit.
 This is my next Aussie Hero Quilt top.  I had to piece the backing (platypus fabric, bargain priced at Spotlight, so appropriate for this quilt) so I could pin it.  But alas its too big to have any left over wadding in my cupboard, so its down to the shop to buy some more before I can start pinning.  Some days I do wonder if I shouldn't buy a whole roll of batting!  But then other days I curse the left over pieces of wadding taking up a box in the linen press and Im glad I dont have a whole roll to house!
Happy quilting, Sue.

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing that amount of quilts you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stall at the pinning stage. Wish I had your persistence. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very generous of you to make these quilts for others. Lovely results. A roll of wadding would be handy and it would eventually reduce in size. Or share a roll with a friend and store it at her house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinning is just one of those necessary steps, but not very exciting. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...