Progress on my Red Desdens

Last Friday I spent most of the day sewing with my new group.  I was very unorganised and forgot a few important things....like thread for  my machine!
Luckily Lisa came to the rescue and I was able to keep piecing.  I sewed half of the Dresden's together, but needed to cut some more wedges before I could finish them.  I did finish 11 of them that night at camp.  The next job is to find a background fabric...although the cream carpet looks better than I expected!
August's Rainbow Scrappy Challenge colour is Indigo!  Yep I have stitched all my dark blue/purple scraps up already.  You can do grey and black as a substitute.  I am still thinking about that...black is not my thing!  I have made a few more red blocks, as I did not achieve as many as I had hoped in August.
My hand stitching project for the last month or so has been these pears.  I finished all the pears and stems this week, now starting on the leaves - one is done, the rest are just pinned.  I need another chrome green, but alas I didn't find any at the quilt show.    
Happy quilting Sue.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Go with the cream carpet. Very eye catching, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Dresden pattern. Don't think I have seen one like that before.
    Wish I had known you needed that green before I sent off your little package. I do have some of that on hand. Those pears are very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dresdens, and the cream background looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dresdens are fantastic. Love anything with the R&W combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dresdens are beautiful Sue, and love those pears.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Finally a quilt finish, or two

I have finally finished the commissioned photo quilt I was working on.    Unfortunately some of the photos started to shatter from be...