Pretty pink cot quilt

When I was in Geelong a few weekends ago I brought some pretty fabrics...I need to make a baby girl cot quilt.
And because the shop had Emma Jansen's range of  fabrics, I brought a few more fat quarters - hopefully they match in with what I already have.
I then undid the pretty fat eighth bundle I bought - so I could cut each fat eight into 2 x ten" squares.  That was good in theory, except that one fabric which was a smidge too narrow.  Which meant my quilt had to be one row short, all because the shop owner RIPS instead of cuts the fabric :(  
Sorry I know I shouldn't use bad language, but the R word makes me mad.
Sewed on a white border and then brought out the Twister ruler.
On went the pink on pink spot fabric I bought at the same shop....yep it was ripped.  Clearly I was so enamoured with the contents of the store  I didn't hear her doing that!  It was a clandestine shopping trip - I was suppose to be JUST dropping off my sewing machine for a service ;)
New baby cot quilt top done!
I do think I have to confess to a new crush on white homespun with pretty and clear colours.  I will be buying more very soon : )
Happy quilting Sue

4 comments:

  1. annoying when the fabric is not the amount you expected..... yes, I love the white homespun look too.... very fresh.... your little quilt is lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors too. The twister pattern always makes fabrics swirl together in a cool way. Sorry you didn't get the correct amount of fabric. It's pretty annoying when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous baby girl quilt! That is my favourite look, white and pretty clear colours. Did you get your machine back? All OK? I probably should take mine in for a service but it is a wrench (ridiculous how bereft we feel without our sewing machines handy). I even have a back up but it is just not the same.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...