Next Aussie Hero quilt

Last week I started a new quilt for Aussie Heroes.   I finally got the "right" split nine patch layout...using a two colour palette combo really helped to see the pattern, but more importantly was having the expertise of Pennie and Mary who have made this pattern before - and brought over a sample!
I took this quick shot so I would have a picture of the layout to use.  As you can see I don't have enough variety of Australiana fabrics.  Then there is the problem of getting the animals facing the right way up.  I have run out of fabric, so I  need to buy some more Australiana prints that are non directional...could be interesting!
My friend Lisa and I have decided on a new leaders and enders project - Scrappy Sprouts.  I hadn't kitted up the pieces until recently and with all the little kids quilts I have been making I had enough progress to show you what they look like.  I have a large collection of green  and blue scraps.  But trying to increase (cut) a range of other colours for a more interesting result.  
In the meantime I am having a big sort out in my sewing room. I need to declutter and that means sacrificing some scraps, patterns and other items that I don't want/don't use/don't need.  
Don't worry I will share/give away if I think it is still useful to someone else!
Happy quilting Sue SA.

2 comments:

  1. Declutering a sewing room sounds very scarey to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tidying and de-cluttering my sewing room . I always find stuff I forgot I actually had ! Speaking of which, I really must tidy my sewing room today - it looks like a bomb went off in there.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...