Two sick kids and a Mum

 DS2 has been sick since last Friday.  DS1 ended up in the sick bay at school yesterday and DH had to go and pick him up.  Today I had to miss work to stay home with the still sick kids.  But rather then whining about my real life I thought I would take some photos and post a blog.  *$#*&^#(! DH has left the state with our only camera...and all the photos I had taken but not yet downloaded of my sewing achievements from the weekend.
What's a girl to do?  Dig around and find another project that has reappeared now my newly painted sewing room is nearly fully functional again.  So...
 ...using this book I have been cutting...
  ...these fabrics.
...to make this block - Easy Attic Windows.
The most impressive thing about all this is not that I can sew when my kids are sick, but the fact that I think I have worked out how to a) take photos using my digital phone AND how to b) download them onto my computer ALL c) without reading the instruction manual...which I cannot find anyhow!  
Happy quilting, Sue.

2 comments:

  1. Love Dinosaurs...hate that my little boy had to grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a fantastic feeling when technology doesn't defeat us? So glad you get to play with your fabric while being nurse Mum.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Red and Cream quilt at Christmas time, not for Christmas!

The lovely Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork gave me this book back in May.  I have read it several times and changed my mind about which quilt...