Special events

This week I spent a lot of time cooking in my new kitchen, you can see in this photo I am still waiting on my splash back, which is going to be green.  I made all manner of party food, but the gingerbread men were the biggest hit!  
 Which surprised me as I thought the teddy bear racing cars would get eaten first.  Here they all are lining up to race on DS2's birthday cake.  DS1 helped me make the flags, after I failed to find the checked fabric in my stash, that I thought was left over from Liam's motorbike quilt.  I thought the kids had been so good waiting to sample the cake, but when I went to cut it up I realised that some of the smarties were missing off the side!

And although it wasn't his birthday, J (aged 4) took this quilt home, after I finally finished it.  More sneak peeks of the kitchen, yes the electrician has to come too!  

I was really pleased to finally get a finish listed, its been a few months!  Hmmm and my OPAM has completely fallen by the wayside, oh well at least I am getting through the wish list!
Happy quilting, Sue SA.

5 comments:

  1. Wow that cake looks awesome!!! Hope the party was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is so cute! My boys would have devoured the gingerbread men first too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like getting anew kitchen. You beat me though- I wouldnt cook in mine for a week after it was finally installed. I didnt want it to get dirty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cake! I just love the racing cars. What a fabulous idea. No sewing happening here. We have had a visitor - the 24 hour bug. Yipee! More sickness. I hope you have a great great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant hope you have a great week. Must be the lack of food.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Red and Cream quilt at Christmas time, not for Christmas!

The lovely Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork gave me this book back in May.  I have read it several times and changed my mind about which quilt...