Travelling Iron Caddy and pressing mat

Before I went on camp I decided to make a ironing caddy, so I could keep my iron safe from damage on route, plus avoid having to take a travel ironing board. 
I didn't measure the placement of the buttons so the straps are looking a little wonky. It was so exciting to find two matching gorgeous buttons for this project, out of my vast collection!
However my iron is a tad too long, so doesn't fit as well as it should.  The pattern was excellent; well written with practical diagrams and photos to make it super easy to follow.  But I just assumed irons were a "one size fits all" type of equipment! 
Still I am super happy with the outcome and my iron is now safe for all future trips!
The pattern came from an USA company, Sisters Common Thread and is called "caddy pad".
I acquired my pattern from Ann at Periwinkle Patchwork if you want to buy one in Australia.
The pattern includes the reflective heat fabric so you get a better result when pressing.  I tried to buy this fabric locally and was unable to source it - as there are free patterns on the web - but this pattern was so well written I would highly recommend buying it!
Please note I am not getting paid for this endorsement - I just love it and wanted to pass that on to my readers.
Happy quilting Sue.

4 comments:

  1. Your iron looks very well protected. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...