Before the power went out...

I received a gorgeous gift from Susan at Thimble stitch in the mail recently...this cute zipper pull.  Of course I needed a NEW cute purse to put it on and so I made one!  I followed all Susan's blog posts (cos she is smart and puts labels on her posts unlike me!) until I found the link she had provided to the free pattern tutorial for the pouch she found here at Noodle-head.
And once you have made one (and worked out your mistakes!) and discovered they are such fun you need to make more, because these are going to be great teacher gifts!  There was a small moment of panic when DH text me to say his plane had landed and the kids and I were all still in our PJ's!  So I had to take time out to wash, dress and drive to the airport!  Luckily DH was content to unpack while I finished them off!

The next day though we woke up without power :(  thank goodness for ipads and that DH insisted on a gas stove top, so coffee and blogging was still possible.  And stitching, well hand work was in order and
so why not make a button garland for my mini Christmas tree!
 So now the Christmas decorations are up, the gardening up to speed and the non electrical housework (yep I washed windows!) is done (amazing what you can achieve when there is no power) I can play today on my sewing machine, right got to go, plenty of UFO's to finish! Happy quilting, Sue SA.
 

4 comments:

  1. oh Sue ... you used your time so well..... lovely little pouches and a perfect way to use your new zipper pull... love the little button garland ..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those little pouches, one can never do without lots of them for bits and pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so much to comment on in this post! Love the pouches...very cute. I am still terrified of zips...maybe you can teach me?

    The button garland is beautiful! I wish my power would go out for half a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great zippered pouches! They are my "go to" gift for teachers too. I have made a few this year for gifts. I put some really nice soap inside.
    I adore your button garland. It looks fab on your tree.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...