Quick, hurry its nearly Christmas!

I am on a mission to finish the last of the projects in my sewing room before Christmas.  Saturday I sat and finished the last of the FMQ on my modern quilt.  Only to discover this ...
when I was 3/4 way through trimming the edges!  So there was some huffing, puffing and unpicking!  It is all done now and I am just hand stitching the binding down at my leisure.
The cute elf stitchery I completed while on holidays in Fiji just needed some FMQ on the border and the background and is now complete, hanging loops, label and all, ready to hang now...if I can find a spare hook!
And finally the Autumn table runner that has been on my wish list all year has been completed.  I tried to FMQ around the twisters in a variegated thread and it was harder then it looked.  However it is all done and ready for autumn...early!  I wont say that I am overly pleased, it is nice but not my favorite project.  Mainly because I found this Autumn issue of the French magazine Quilt Mania after I started and I am now busting to make one of the stunning projects from it!
However if I am going to do that I might just need to brush up on my applique skills quick.  Although they had a pattern for cute pieced pumpkins : )  And in the background is the cute paper pieced moose (Margaret Rolfe pattern), which I pretend are reindeer's and have come out for their annual December airing!
The quilt group I belong to had their Christmas break up last week and this was my lovely Secret Santa gift, five fat quarters, plus the one cute bright fat quarter at the bottom - that we all got from the group.
Right got to go, as this was the progress picture of binding awaiting me on Saturday and I am only half way through tackling it!  Oh and I have Christmas baking planned for today, pictures of that later!
Happy quilting Sue SA.


 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, I get so cross when I catch the backing like that.... glad it is sorted now...

    Lovely projects and a goodly pile of quilts to bind... looks much more fun than my pile of ironing!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you sorted out your tangle, but how annoying for you. The stitchery is really cute, and I love your reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger about the backing getting caught up like that. A good unpicker never goes astray. Love your elf stitchery. Very cute Christmas decoration! I look forward to Autumn for the cooler weather. Just have to get through summer...

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...