- Red and White Dresden Plate large wall hanging (for our bedroom)
- Seasonal table runners - Autumn and Spring. .
- House block quilt, as a miniature or dolls quilt (will attempt more of the first house blocks)
- Quilt for my father - blue blocks, blue sashing and white star cornerstones (need to find out what the name for this is, but this is the look I am after)
- Quilt for my brother - Delectable mountains, perhaps in flannel if I can find the right colours
- Zig Zag quilt
I thought that would keep me sufficiently busy, as I also have to;
- complete the Basket quilt (summer quilt for us)
- quilt the Blue and white Big Twister flimsy
- finish the purple and green Scnibbles McGuffrey flimsy
- finish the All Aussie creatures great and small wall hanging (a large old UFO)
BUT because I started this post in November, I now have to confess that I got home from holidays and jumped straight on the bandwagon of...
Bonnie Hunters Scrappy Trip Around the World!Truly this was on going to be on my wish list for 2013, as the box of 2.5" strips has been looking at me in the cupboard all year. Last summer in the heat I cut a heap of partial fat quarters or scraps into strips and squares in an effort to clear "unloved" fabrics (aka been in my stash for ever) out of my draws. Plus as a Bonnie Hunter fan I had been wanting to make one of her quilts for a long time. I had attempted to find a pattern that used 2.5" strips a few months ago, but there are SO MANY free patterns on her website, I gave up as I kept getting distracted by other fab patterns that used a different measurement, eg 8.5" squares for Delectable mountains - which has also made its way onto 2013 wish list!
Right got to go, DH is painting in my sewing room (window trim) and I am working (paid) today!
Happy quilting, Sue SA.