Frolic finished

 I participated in Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt along in 2019 and finished the top months ago.  I sent it to the long arm quilter and good friend but told her I was not in a hurry.  I didn't want to quilt it myself because it is a bit big and the seam intersections are plain lumpy!  I dont recall making a quilt with such lumps before.  But it is a very heavily pieced quilt. I enjoyed making this quilt and using these colours, even though they are not my usual palette.  I mixed in reproductions with moderns and everything in between.
I picked a really nice mottled ink blue for the backing and a lime/grass green thread for quilting. 
I wanted a all over pattern and this gives a lovely movement to the quilt.  I guess it is really a version of baptist fan, which is a bit of a favourite :)  I used the left over backing to bind the quilt and now its in the pile for gifting!
Happy quilting Sue.

5 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out very pretty, even if not in your favorite colors. No doubt there were lots of intersections to make it a bit lumpy, but maybe the quilter will get those lumps knocked down. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, Sue. Lucky person who gets this quilt from your "gifting" pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and generous quilt to gift. Someone will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finished Frolic! It looks great. Mine is still at the "sandwiched" stage, so I need to get stuck into some quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Sue, I would say that it's a good size to finish at, with all those little pieces in it.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...