Quilts n more Spring 2017

This is the Spring 2017 edition of Quilts and More magazine.  It has been on my coffee table for at least six months and to be honest doesn't stay in the book case very long.  Hence I have ended up making a LOT of projects from this one edition, and many of them this year!
The main reason is the Vivid Grid pattern (page 46!) which has become a favorite pattern because; a) easily made with stash, scraps or jelly roll, b) only uses 2.5"stripes and squares" c) is not complicated pattern to layout or piece, hence quick to make.  
Sorry terrible photo taken at night, but this is a cot sized fourth version of Vivid Grid that I changed up slightly by adding sashing.   My first Vivid Grid was pretty and bright, using a combinatino of stash and scraps, in 2017 after I brought the magazine.  It was gifted to my husbands niece.
Second version was made using a jelly roll Collection for a Cause and finished in early 2018.  I took the quilt to  UK and gifted it to a friend Jim, who we visited on his family farm that year.   
Third version was made from stash using up red and blue and a scrap bag of yellow pieces I brought when on retreat in 2019 at Periwinkle Patchwork.  Can you see the millenium fabric in red (LH corner)...I have just used some of the last 2.5" squares in the fourth version, LOL!
Page 72 is Natures Guide and I have now made this quilt twice this year!! (at this point your allowed to think the pandemic has sent me crazy!)  This is version one (half size  pattern), and version two is very similar;  a different sashing fabric and quilted by me instead of a professional long armer.  I will blog about version two soon.
Page 86 is A Bit of History, a mini quilt by Ann Hermes using antique fabric.  My version is made using very bright reproduction scraps instead. I wanted to make something for me and another project from the magazine, plus I am a fan of Ann's patterns.  
Page 58 Top your Table: Spring table runner  was a project I finished in our spring 2017....which is fall in the northern hemisphere!  I love seasonal themed projects to decorate the house, but I think I only finished one other from this series....I need to rectify that!
So that still leaves a few projects unmade from this magazine, including a large and mini Shoo Fly and a gorgeous chocolate and pink log cabin that is not in the photo, but very tempting!  I have decided if I am going to go whole hog or not, LOL!  That might depend on how long this pandemic and my period of unemployment run for.  
Happy quilting, Sue.

7 comments:

  1. Great when you get such good use from a book...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Ann Hermes' quilts! That table runner is beautiful too! Looks like you got more than your money's worth from that old magazine! I need to check into some of my old magazines too! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had books or magazines too where every project speaks to me. All of your quilts are wonderful and an expression of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why that mags in great use at your place..... The one quilt looks great in all the versions you have made..... Cool mini to....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic! So often magazines are purchased then just sit on a shelf until they get chucked out, given away, or whatever, untouched. This one was obviously good value for money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am impressed with how much you have used this one magazine. I may use one pattern from a magazine, if any. Mostly I just look and drool. :)
    My favorite of the Vivid Grid quilts is the one made from the Collection for a Cause line. It is just warm and homey looking to me. I like the effect of the sashing in the top one--kind of switching things up a bit.
    And, of course, I really love the little Ann Hermes mini quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those vivid grid quilts look great, (I have LOTS of strips), and you are going well with your quilting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...