Back with completed Urban abacus

Urban Abacus, a Quick Curve Ruler pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful was made into a top over a weekend in August.  This was my choice of pattern and fabrics, in answer to a request for a quilt for a 14 year old girl. 
The quilting pattern was chosen by my long arm quilter, Vicki Jenkin.  She is always right when she suggests a quilting pattern, so I was thrilled with the results = best seen on the  aqua backing.
I am really pleased with this finish!
a) it was a quick and easy pattern to make
b) I used two different lines of fabric and they melded well 
c) its modern but there isn't too much negative space
d) faster turn over for a quilt I have ever made = greater sense of accomplishment!
It has been safely delivered and I am contemplating how long before I make another!
Happy quilling, Sue.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful finished quilt. It is interesting that the straight line quilting works so well with the curvy piecing. Smart choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten very skilled with this ruler. Great finish with a bright contemporary feel.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...