I don't do New Years resolutions anymore, I dont allocate a word for the year coming and I don't pick a colour. But I do make lists.
Lists of quilts I would love to make and lists of what I have completed. Then more lists, of projects half done and what I have to do to finish them. I love lists so much, a friend gifted me a beautiful weekly organiser and to do list in matching stationary!
So here we go, the wish list for 2018;
- A Plus quilt - I took a photo of at our quilt show last May. As much as I would like to make it in scrappy backgrounds, I am lacking modern neutrals so I was going to make it in three colours, using the flannel I have in my stash. BUT I am hoping to get a roadtrip in to some patchwork shops soon, so I might come home with some modern prints that would suit this pattern. We will see what takes my fancy!
- I have oodles of novelty fabric which I would like to use up. I would like to buy a gender neutral bright print to use as the corners, like this photo I pinched off the web.
- I recently downloaded this pattern Moda Love LayerCake quilt. A friend gave me a layer cake (partially used) which would make a nice bright quilt for a child/teenager and I like this easy but interesting pattern.
- Tic Tac Toe quilt was on the list to make for 2017 and never got a look in. Be nice to start it this year...finishing is another thing!
- Sew Kind of Wonderful's pattern Urban Abacus was also on last years list to make, because I want to use my curved ruler again. But again I would like to make this in modern prints, not my beloved reproductions. So that shopping trip list is getting longer and longer!
- Simply Friendships quilt book by Jo Morton and Kim Diehl was one of my birthday gifts and I have already started this quilt! So it needs to go on the wish list - because I wanted to make it as soon as I saw it....and the starting happened before this post, so it still deserves to be on the list!
Happy quilting Sue.