I needed a no brainer sewing project. And the log cabin I made last year using scrap red and green 2.5" strips was really quick, so I was easily lured into a new project.
The main problem I have is a lack of distinct colours left in my stash of pre cut strips and a very deleted supply of neutrals. I didnt want to make blocks for no reason. So chose autumn tones, as that is what I had and I could use them for a friends mothers quilt (her prefered palette they assure me) if needed. I agreed to sew up blocks made by the family, to celebrate a special birthday. But the deadline for blocks hasn't arrived yet. However as nobody in the family is a quilter, these blocks are my back up plan, in case I only get sent a few blocks!
I can see one strip that I considered neutral, is reading as dark in this photo. Might need to do some unpicking...we will wait and see!