Nine patch Rainbow Scrap Challenge flimsy finish

I had a extra day off and the basket of Rainbow Scrap challenge blocks was about to overflow.  I have been using them as leaders and enders, especially the same coloured nine patches.
So I laid them out and used my new Sew Easy pins to number the rows of blocks.
 Then webbed the rows using the Bonnie Hunter method.  If your not familiar with webbing, its the ultimate in chain piecing when your putting a top together.  See Quiltville tutorial here.
I do it slightly differently as I pin my rows first, and then just deal with two rows and when I am feeling comfortable I tackle three rows at a time.
The end result is this top (56" x ?")

I don't have a title for this quilt yet.  But I am really pleased to report that it did use all the nine patches...until I discovered I had put a blue block where I needed a green block....so I now have one left over blue block!!  
Having said that, these were the ultimately easy leaders and enders blocks and used up oodles of 2.5" squares of scraps, so perhaps I could see my way to making more in the future :)
Happy quilting Sue.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, isn't this rainbow pretty? Nice scrap user, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It radiates color and was sewn so efficiently! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy and have lots to show for your July efforts. I can't get over how lovely this quilt turned out...such a great way to make a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is simply delicious! Like rainbow sherbet. Hey, that sounds like a good name for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented yesterday on my phone, but see that it did not post. I said I love this quilt, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this! Perfect for a rainbow of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! on getting this RSC quilt top together. It must feel amazing to have put SEW many scraps to good use!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt top. I love all the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous quilt top. All the colours really zing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nifty use of scraps. I use the webbing method too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got me thinking about a rainbow l/e top. As long as I have the fabrics out it would be so easy. Great job on all you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I commented yesterday on my phone, but see that it did not post. I said I love this quilt, great idea.


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Kim Diehl star in a churn dash blocks

I was just popping in to read some of my favorite bloggers, after a six month absence!  Then I saw that there was this draft post, so figure...