Bits and pieces

I am stitching hanging sleeves onto quilts and writing descriptions ready for our local quilt show.  Its all boring, so I have been entertaining myself with some fun stuff in between.
I finished a few more mini spools to use up the last few strips cut from Miss Kate charm pack.  Plus I am keen to make this block part of my Rainbow Scrappy challenge project.  So that means making some more from my other scraps!
Opp's I started a new project!  Although technically its now a UFO, because I cut this out to do at quilt camp in March but didnt get it started.  I made the body of the mini quilt in a day, but the border is fiddly.  This is a mini replica of a antique quilt, pattern by Ann Hermes, from American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine, February 2011.  
 
Finally made some more flying geese, this is just a sample. I have mixed them up a bit, having some reverse colours and using some darker backgrounds as well.  Not sure where this project is heading, but its good mindless sewing and happy to sew along when I have time.
Happy Quilting Sue.

3 comments:

  1. Love the blue and white Ann Hermes quilt Sue! And I love 'mindless' sewing too...hence the hours of machine appliqué that I do - very meditative!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Burgoyne Surrounded block is so pretty in blue and white! I love that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh lots of yummy stuff there!

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...