Red and green log cabin quilt - finished!

 I started this quilt in November when I realised I had a lot of red and green precut 2.5" strips in my strip box.  And I guess I was in the mood for Christmas??
I love making log cabin blocks and when the strips are this large the 12" blocks come together really quickly.  But I had made a mistake and only realised half way through.  I did some  unpicking and very quickly this top (58" x 70")was finished.
Then it was just a matter of waiting until I had the chance to pin this single bed size top.  I had the perfect green in my stash for a backing.  So in January when it got pinned it sat there looking at me until I set to one weekend and stipple quilted it. 
Then it sat and sat until I finally went looking for scrap red strips sufficient to make binding from.  So the whole quilt came out of my stash, which I am really pleased about!
Happy quilting Sue.

6 comments:

  1. You should be pleased! It is a wonderful log cabin, and a victory when it is all from stash!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, looks great, and great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely result! It's really nice when you can make something beautiful all from stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt! I just love log cabin quilts! I'm thinking one needs to be in my near future maybe. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely finish Sue, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...