Red and green log cabin quilt - finished!

 I started this quilt in November when I realised I had a lot of red and green precut 2.5" strips in my strip box.  And I guess I was in the mood for Christmas??
I love making log cabin blocks and when the strips are this large the 12" blocks come together really quickly.  But I had made a mistake and only realised half way through.  I did some  unpicking and very quickly this top (58" x 70")was finished.
Then it was just a matter of waiting until I had the chance to pin this single bed size top.  I had the perfect green in my stash for a backing.  So in January when it got pinned it sat there looking at me until I set to one weekend and stipple quilted it. 
Then it sat and sat until I finally went looking for scrap red strips sufficient to make binding from.  So the whole quilt came out of my stash, which I am really pleased about!
Happy quilting Sue.

6 comments:

  1. You should be pleased! It is a wonderful log cabin, and a victory when it is all from stash!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done, looks great, and great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely result! It's really nice when you can make something beautiful all from stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful quilt! I just love log cabin quilts! I'm thinking one needs to be in my near future maybe. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely finish Sue, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

A new mini quilt

I thought I would cheat and show you the progress shots (to pad out this post), as I made this quilt.  But the truth is, it was quick to ...