The declaration that February's colour of sea green/ aqua - colours not quite blue and not quite green, sent me into a spin! Immediately I could picture the polka dot aqua I had used as a background, so I knew there were scraps, but a variety, absolutely not! Liar, liar, pants on fire, I found a good variety when I went digging - not huge pieces, but enough for the job :)
I decided to use my scraps wisely and just make star blocks. I already have blocks made in RSC from 2015, but definitely not in aqua.
I managed to squeeze out four star blocks from my scraps.
Digging through my endless boxes stored around the house I found more UFO's! These 7" four patches made to use up my novelty fabric - bits of aqua here!
I took to them with the unpicker and re sewed them into "colours". I just find "I spy" quilts so much easier on the eye when laid out like this.
So without intending to, I have unearthed a forgotten UFO and resurrected it - just need sashing now but nothing suitable in the stash - opps more shopping!
It is hot here, really, really hot. Too hot for anything except mindless piecing under the struggling air conditioner.
Happy quilting Sue.