I made a tumbler quilt in September last year from novelty fabrics. I found the process of trying to get all the fabrics to line up the same way a bit frustrating.
Then I started using the left over tumblers as leaders and enders. Lately I rediscovered them lurking on my sewing table, unfinished and tangled. I sorted them out, decided on a finished row size and set to making the rows the same length. I did not focus too much on keeping any sort of uniformity, just fun brights and novelty fabrics.
Then made a few more rows to get it to a decent length and cut a border out of my stash of plain colours. I tried red, but it was too overwhelmingly bright. Dark blue (not so dark in the photo) gave your eye a rest. Very happy to have finished a UFO flimsy (not that it is really old) and used up some more stash.
Happy quilting Sue.