Just a quick finish on a Kids quilt

I made a tumbler quilt in September last year from novelty fabrics.  I found the process of trying to get all the fabrics to line up the same way a bit frustrating.
Then I started using the left over tumblers as leaders and enders.  Lately I rediscovered them lurking on my sewing table, unfinished and tangled.  I sorted them out, decided on a finished row size and set to making the rows the same length.  I did not focus too much on keeping any sort of uniformity, just fun brights and novelty fabrics.  
Then made a few more rows to get it to a decent length and cut a border out of my stash of plain colours.  I tried red, but it was too overwhelmingly bright.  Dark blue (not so dark in the photo) gave your eye a rest.  Very happy to have finished a UFO flimsy (not that it is really old) and used up some more stash. 
Happy quilting Sue.  


4 comments:

  1. I think tumblers look great in "scrappy". This is a fun finish, and the blue is a good border color for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tumbler quilt is really neat! It reminds me of an Apple Core Charm quilt I have from the 1920's made by my aunt. She used just whatever she had, but the idea of a Charm quilt back then meant no fabric was used twice, and hers is a true old-fashioned Charm Quilt. Yours actually looks very similar; I like it a lot! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lurking tumblers came together wonderfully. It's bright and scrappy and someone will really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, and reminds me that I have the tumbler die that I should use!?

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Eurambeen garden tour

Eurambeen homestead like many original mansions had extensions during its life, which you can see clearly in this photo with the different ...