All Day Sewing - April

Yesterday's session of All Day Sewing by the After Dark Quilters was filled with laughter, interesting conversation, show and tell and plenty of food.  However despite the fact that I dragged the entire contents of my sewing room down to the church hall (so I could pick and choose which project I wanted to work on) I had forgotten to take the CAMERA!  Oops, so sorry :(
 
So instead you will have to make do with my recent achievements, photographed this morning.
 I recently finished my pink Sister, for my Seven Sisters quilt.  I don't have a pattern, so I am just making seven stars in a colour way and joining them with matching shirting's.
 All laid out this is my progress to date.  I do have some chocolate brown stars that are not in this shot.  The purple sister needs one more star and then sewing together.  The madder reds also have been missing  a star and I haven't joined any of them yet.  The red stars I only started this week.
 A quick trip to Hettie's on Friday netted me one more brown print, for more brown stars.  I also brought the rest of the bolt of a cream print (picture further down) , because this was my third trip to get some more, so I decided to go the "whole hog"!
 Then my friend Heather kindly brought in her entire collection of reproduction fabrics (to All Day Quilting) so I could borrow steal cut some pieces of fabric in the colours I was missing for my Sister stars.  I took some red, madder red, two browns and a purple.  Then I got greedy and begged a couple of strips of blue.  Heather is collecting reproduction fabrics for a special project and I am very jealous of her collection, so I was a bit like a kid in a lolly shop unsupervised!  THANK YOU HEATHER! ;)
 
So as well as choosing fabric from someone elses stash, I cut lots and lots of strips in blue and the sought after cream print from Hettie's.  Then I stitched and stitched, cut and cut and stitched some more.  Sorry all that work still didn't eventuate into any completed nine patches...not one!
 I did however finish putting this small table topper together.  I ran out of the shirting print with blue circles, but as I couldn't find any at Hettie's or Tricia's I had no idea where I brought it and the general agreement was that adding a different fabric for the corner triangles would be fine....so I did! 
 And lastly but not least, I borrowed Heathers 20" square so I could cut all of the 20" backgrounds for my Dresden Plates. 
 
I managed to sew two plates on before it was time to pack up and go home!  I did mange to squeeze in plenty of talking as well ;)
Happy quilting, Sue SA.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, I am exhausted after your busy day..... it's all gorgeous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven Sisters is looking marvellous!

    I love the Dresden Plate too. The backing fabric is perfect.

    Looks like a VERY productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found time to talk! I probably would spend more time talking than stitching. Your sisters are looking great. Those blue 9 patches are going to be so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Some kind friends said.....

Red and Cream quilt at Christmas time, not for Christmas!

The lovely Ann from Periwinkle Patchwork gave me this book back in May.  I have read it several times and changed my mind about which quilt...